1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vibe Alpha subwoofer

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by Brox, Apr 28, 2002.

1. Brox

Brox
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone tried the new Vibe Alpha Subwoofer - how does it compare to a Rel 200? or 150.

I'm looking for something small up to £300. Have been looking at the Kef 20b but I think the vibe may be better.

Can anyone help?

2. Jasonjo

Jasonjo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    The vibe gets good write ups...

http://www.homecinemachoice.com/testbench/ and search on vibe

I used to own a KEF 20B, but replaced it with a REL Q150e...I thought the 20B was good until I bought the REL...needless to say the KEF was OK, but not in the same league as the REL...

Go for a REL if you can afford it, otherwise the Vibe would be a very good start...

JJ

3. Brox

Brox
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    JJ, thanks for your reply - i've never heard a Rel nor the Kef for that matter, how much better is the Rel, in what way is it better?

A lot of people talk about the rel as being the best, but i'm not sure i need the best so i'm wondering what will I be missing out on?

I don't want to spend £500 on a Rel 150 as I don't watch movies that often so i'll either get the kef for £180 the new vibe Alpha for £300 or try and find a second hand Rel.

Cheers for your reply

4. Jasonjo

Jasonjo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    REL just made movies feel much more real - less boom more tight bass, more grunt etc...however, not everyone on the forums likes the Q150.

If money is tight...go for the Vibe...otherwise have a search through the forums as quite a few posts on "which sub for £x?"

JJ