1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VHS video editing

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Bursar, Aug 4, 2003.

1. Bursar

Bursar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +216
    I have a friend of a friend who wants to edit some home video footage together.

From what I gather, he has a selection of tapes, and wants to combine clips from them onto one VHS tape.

I guess he needs two VCRs, some cables, and an editing deck to do this.

I suspect the tapes are typical home video stuff such as kids, holidays and so-on.

He's not going to want anything too complicated or too expensive.

Unfortunately I live in the digital domain, so have no idea on what products might be suitable for him.

So any advice on products and the best way to go about doing this would be greatly appreciated :)

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,393
    To be honest it really depends on the quality required and how good the origional tapes are. You could just go from 1 VCR to another useing a scart lead with no other boxes in between. Just stop and start the recording as required.
    If quality drops too much then there are loads of different video proccessors etc from the likes of www.maplin.co.uk www.keene.co.uk
    Another oiption is to borrow an S-VHS VCR with TBC (time base correction). Even if recording only to VHS the TBC will improve the quality of the recording.

IMO, try with the equipment that you/he already has and then start to look at buying/borrowing after that if better quality is required.

Mark.