1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VHS to SVCD or DVD via PC

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Dave Taylor, Dec 29, 2003.

1. Dave Taylor

Dave Taylor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    What is the best / low cost solution to get some of my old VHS programmes onto my PC so I can then burn them onto a SVCD or DVD.

There is a Video to USB box D ? 10, do they work or is a PCI card better.

I once had an external sound card that was USB and I used to get audio drop out.

Dont want that with video

Regards

Dave

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,380
    Getting analogue video onto a PC took very expensive equipment until the recent release of USB2.0
    If you have USB2.0 (if not then get a USB2.0 PCI card for about £15) then there are several makers of analogue capture devices that connect to it. These cost around £40-£50 from e-tailers such as Dabs etc and are made by Dazzle, Pinacle, Belkin etc. They should be supplied with basic software and tend to work very well.
    To prevent drop-outs with these devices (and any video editing) you should stop ALL background programmes such as anti-virus etc. You will be surprised at just how many un-needed progs are running. A good way to stop all these is a free download prog called EndItAll (do a Google search).

Mark.