1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vhs to pc sync problems on playback

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by zomxyz, Mar 19, 2005.

1. zomxyz

zomxyz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hello, this is my very first post for anything on the internet so please bear with me, and if anyone can help it would be very much appreciated!!
    I have a couple of problems but I'll stick with this one for the time being. I am trying to put some of my vhs tapes on dvd via my pc, but when I play it back from the hard drive before burning onto dvd, the audio is out of syncronisation with the video. Does anyone have any ideas on why this happens and how to correct it? Many thanks.

2. gordonfmoore

gordonfmoore

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Welcome to our world :)

One suggestion. Do you have any audio drivers installed from other apps that could be causing the delay. The one I often quote is total recorder. A great app for ripping from the radio etc, but unfortunately not happy with mce.

What did you use to rip your vhs or was it straight into mce?

Gordon

3. zomxyz

zomxyz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Many thanks for the reply.
    All I know is I have connected my vhs recorder to the pc with the same standard lead used to connect vhs to tv, I then press play on the vhs and when the picture comes up on the monitor I click the red record button on the screen, using pctv vision. As far as I knew, this was all I needed to do.
    I don't actually know what mce means or if I have any other audio drivers installed, so I apologise if you are non the wiser!!
    Would it be simpler for me to buy a dvd recorder and transfer my vhs to dvd this way? If so, any suggestions on best one to get?
    kind regards,
    sean.