1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VHS to DVD using Panasonic DMR E50

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by steviewilson, Jul 7, 2005.

1. steviewilson

steviewilson
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok yeah its an old model these days but moneys too tight to mention!

Anyway, I use Princo 4 speed -R's in my Pioneer 107 on the pc and have never had 1 duff disk. I have used some on the Panasonic DVD Recorder but for every good 1 I get 3 mabey 4 that the recorder doesnt like. The E50 doesnt recognise RW disks so burning (eventually) to a Princo was costing me not just for wasted disks but after editing and adding chapters I then have to re burn (2 disks for 1 vhs recording). So I was informed to use the RAM disk that the Panny uses (never though of that for some reason!) but after getting the contents of the RAM to the HD before editing, I watched a bit on media player and occasionally the screen splits into 2 - in WMP its the same screen on both sides (50/50 split) and when viewing in TMPGENC DVD Author to add chapters etc one side has the pic the other is black. This doesnt happen when I record straight to a Princo so is this either the way the RAM is ripped to the HD, the way the progs are recorded to the RAM (widescreen, 4:3, 16:9?) or any other suggestions? Im either wanting SKY + progs archived or VHS tapes. The SKY + is connected using a S Video cable and the VHS is just connected thru the coax and tuned as another channel.

Stevie