VHS to DVD Scart Connection Query

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by cool4cats, Nov 26, 2010.

1. cool4cats

cool4cats
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Please can someone help me.

I have just bought a Philips DVDR75 DVD Recorder (second hand) and I want to use it to record some homemade family VHS videos to DVD disc.

I have a scart cable for the process. I'm assuming that all I need to do is connect the VCR and DVD recorder with the scart cable via input and output connections and then hit the record button.

This is where I am totally confused! My VCR has scart sockets named AVI1 and AVI2 and my DVD recorder has scart sockets named Ext1 and Ext2.
    Please can someone tell me which sockets I need to connect the scart cable to?

I haven't a clue which sockets are inputs or outputs :rolleyes:

Once I have the connections sorted out is that it? I haven't tuned any TV channels to the DVD recorder as I only want it to record my family VHS videos ... so I'm hoping there's nothing else I have to do.

Any help will be greatly appreciated:thumbsup:

Thanks!

2. Boostrail

Boostrail

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +393
    From the manual of your 7 year old Philips DVDR75 it would appear that the VCR should be connected by Scart to Ext2 .
    What is the model of VCR?

BTW whatever stick to good brands (e.g. Verbatim) of DVD+RW and DVD+R discs only with this DVDR .... and whatever make very sure you finalise any recording if you want to play these discs on another player.

3. Broadz

Broadz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,423
    Scart 1 is almost always an output - as this is what you use to connect the equipment to the telly. It may be an input also. Scart 2 is always an input - but may well act as a second output also.

So, to make sure you definitely have the right output on the VCR and input on the DVDR, connect AV1 on the VCR to Ext2 on the DVDR.