VHS to Digital

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by Blagard, Jun 28, 2002.

1. Blagard

Blagard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm sure this has been asked before, but as a new member here please forgive!

I assume that a digital camcorder with an anologue in facility will take my old VHS tape output and record it to Digital? Am I right in this assumption?

Next what is the quality of the resultant conversion. I appreciate it will not be any better than the anologue version but does it degrade further?

I am interested in the Panasonic MX 8 model and have read one or two good threads here about it. Has anyone done anologue to Digital on one, and what was the result like?

Regards

Geoff
    Aka Blagard

2. shoehorn

shoehorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As far as I know you can 'copy' your VHS to DV no problems (I've done it on my Sony PC100E - 3 years old now).
    There's no further deterioration either - certainly not that you can see - I don't know if there might be technically.....

3. Blagard

Blagard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Shoehorn,

If you can't really tell the difference then thats good enough for me!

The market out there is moving so fast now all I need to do now is find the right camera / software edit package and DVD writer.

cheers
    Blagard