VHS-The sound works, but the video does not show up

Hi guys!
I have a VHS Player Phillips VR488/55 and some cassetes . Yesterday I bought a LogiLink USB 2.0 Video Grabber VG0001A. I installed OBS Studio and then I connected The Video Grabber to The VHS player and then I plugged it into the computer. I added 2 sources: The Microphone and The Video in OBS app. The microphone worked perfectly I could hear the noises , but the video did not work at all, it did not show up anything. Please help me make the video work, I really need it for my grandpa birthday. I tried every method: I uninstall and install 4 different video capture softwares, I remove and add the stick from computer ,I restarted the PC. I really can not find the mistake.
Can you help me?

JayCee

Distinguished Member
The first thing you need to do is establish the VHS player is in working condition by trying it on a TV with a known good tape.
Getting sound but no picture when playing a tape on most VHS players/recorders usually means the video heads are dirty.
Does the VHS menu appear if you press the menu/setup button on the VHS player's remote control?

The first thing you need to do is establish the VHS player is in working condition by trying it on a TV with a known good tape.
Getting sound but no picture when playing a tape on most VHS players/recorders usually means the video heads are dirty.
Does the VHS menu appear if you press the menu/setup button on the VHS player's remote control?
Hi! Thanks for the response. I plugged the VCR into TV and the video is displayed perfectly, but on my computer does not show. What should I do?

The VCR is connected trough video output and audio output. I heard from other forums that the problem is at drivers. That s why it does not work. But I do not know what to do about that.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom