1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vhs tapes >dvd recorder > website

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by dvdope, Jul 9, 2005.

1. dvdope

dvdope

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My original aim of getting a dvd recorder (to transfer and archive old vhs recorder tapes to prevent further degradation) is still true but I will want to upload some of the clips to a website from my computer. Firstly, is this easily done and second, would I upload from a disk or from the dvd hard drive? Thinking along the lines of a pioneer 530 and possibly a panny hdd and was seriously considering one of the tosh’s but it sounds as though I might have a lot of problems understanding the manual. I’m a thicko at the best of times with anything electrical and the tosh’s I believe might have my brain frazzled. The simpler to use the better basically!!

Ps Is a good scart essential and if so is it only essential for recording tv stuff and not so essential for transferring tapes? Cheers all

Ferguson freeview box: aiwa video recorder 33” grundig crt tv (from my brother;-)

2. dmpoole

dmpoole

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I've used it exactly for this purpose.

Transferred from camcorder to the Pioneer DVR-530H, edited, transferred to DVD, put in my PC and converted for the web. The great thing about the Pioneer is that if you divide the film up on the Pioneer it becomes its own VOB file which you can then work on. I can't recommend the Pioneers enough for this type of work. The editing alone is so simple and extensive. Of course I have no experience of other products.

Some examples here on the Media page of my website and the DVD we sell was mastered on the Pioneer -

http://www.disturbinthepeace.co.uk

3. dvdope

dvdope

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the reply. Would i finalize a disk and then upload to the comp, and once i've got the clips/disc contents on my comp what would i need to get them onto a website? Re scart leads - do i need a fancy one? For my current set up (vid recorder and freeview box) i just use basic cheapos £3.00 - £5.00 tops!! Thanks for any more help offered

4. dmpoole

dmpoole

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I use a programme called Super DVD Ripper. I load the VOB file and tell it to convert to an AVI. The clips on my site are in DIVX AVI files. Has I mentioned before, on the Pioneer if you DIVIDE the film up into seperate films, when you come to burn your disk and FINALIZE it, each seperate film becomes its own VOB on the master which makes things very easy to work with.

I also use cheap SCART cables and they seem to work for me.

5. dvdope

dvdope

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the info and clearing some things up. A big help - cheers