1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VHS archiving with the HS2

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Phil.LFC, Dec 20, 2003.

1. Phil.LFC

Phil.LFC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    I have loads of VHS tapes with various stuff on them. With the HS2 will I be able to copy bits from different VHS tapes to the HD, edit out the crap, then burn to DVD-R:confused:
    For example, if I copy about 10 hours of mixed VHS footage in total to the HD, would I then be able to split it up from the different themes (Football, Music, films...) and then make up a seperate DVD-R for each theme? I know it's probably a simple question but I do not yet have the HS2
    :(
    Any help greatly appreciated, although I'm going to buy an HS2 anyway!:D

2. jont

jont

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +375
    Phil

Yes you can, although ou may need to plan what your edited programmes will be as you cannot (AFAIK) 'join' two 'split' sections back together again, although you can have them as two separate programmes ... you will also create separate files for each of the vhs tapes ...

You can title and edit each programe and select a number of programmes to burn onto dvd depending on the run time and quality setting you want ...

You are not going to get a great picture quality out of vhs so I'd play around with a DVD-RAM disc first to test the picture quality settings until you get the best one you feel you can live with ...

rgds

Jon

3. rberman

rberman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Not quite true. You can overcome this by using the play list feature. You create a play list that contains all the bits you want, in whatever order you want them, and then dub that play list to DVR-R as one file.

Or you can choose to create a number of play lists, each of which will end up as a separate file on the DVD-R.

Rodney Berman