Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

VGFAP1L - Sonicstage connection problems

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by pickod, Apr 5, 2005.

1. pickod

pickod
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mi,

I recently bought a used VGFAP1L player(with music already loaded onto it) to replace (or should i say compliment) my hd1 which I have filled.

Sonic Stage was already on my p.c , I ran the disc that came with the player (just incase there were add ons) and my hd-1 still worked fine as did my hi-md player.

The VGFAP1L however , despite being recognised by my p.c as an external drive and appearing in Windows Explorer does not show up in the Transfer window when connected.

Anybody any ideas why this is the case ?

Cheers,
    David

2. pickod

pickod
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This is driving me mad now

My old hd1 still works with the new Sonic Stage 2.1 software that came with the VGFAP1l as does my old net md BUT Sonic Stage will still not recognise the damn machine.

It appears in Windows explorer , the driver is valid............. but for all intents and purposes it doesnt exist even if its the only piece of hardware connected by USB.

I have initialised the hd of the player and this hasnt made any difference either............

Somebody help me please ? :lease:

3. mcfarfs

mcfarfs
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    I really can't help you on that one, sorry. Try emailing Sony, or go to your local Sony Centre.