VGChartz Does anyone give them a look and are they accurate

kopchoir

Banned
I do from time to time to see whats going on in the gaming sales world
Worldwide Weekly Chart on VGChartz.com
It really surprises me how much software the wii still sells i have a wii but at the mo im waiting on some zelda and some mario galaxy some decent ninty titles instead of lazy games.
They reckn the wii has sold over 435 million software titles:eek:

Its also good at how much cross platform software sells and what the buying public buy as well as the console figures
Ninty has sold 125 million ds and 65 million wii`s :eek::eek:

Anyone ese look at these

Snake79

I have no real interest in charts or sales, haven't had since the 90's. It's pretty predictable what games will sell well today.

The Wii has such large sales figures because it appeals to a large demographic like casual gamers young and old, women, the established Nintendo fanbase etc. I have played on a SNES, owned an original Gameboy for a short time and both my sister and mother have a DS. I never found Nintendo appealing, sure they are responsible for producing some of the best games ever but there were always appealing games on other platforms and crucially, more of them.

DJSigma

Banned
Their figures aren't trustworthy IMO. VGChartz will adjust their figures in line with NPD (and others) once they release their figures, and on occasion VGChartz have been over 100% off. The only figures that are trustworthy are in financial reports or from NPD, GfK Chart-Track or Media Create.

Citizen J

I do from time to time to see whats going on in the gaming sales world
Worldwide Weekly Chart on VGChartz.com
It really surprises me how much software the wii still sells i have a wii but at the mo im waiting on some zelda and some mario galaxy some decent ninty titles instead of lazy games.
They reckn the wii has sold over 435 million software titles:eek:

Its also good at how much cross platform software sells and what the buying public buy as well as the console figures
Ninty has sold 125 million ds and 65 million wii`s :eek::eek:

Anyone ese look at these

I look at these as well. I find them interesting, the site is not gospel in terms of figures but they can be more accurate that people give them credit for. Looking at some of the sales of games on the PS2 etc I find particularity interesting. :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom