1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VGA vs. component video quality

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Jim McC, Oct 20, 2004.

1. Jim McC

Jim McC
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does VGA put out a better image than component video with a DVD player, or are they the same? I'm considering the Yamakawa 288 with VGA to hook up directly to VGA input of my X1 projector. Would image be better because I'm not converting VGA to component video? Thanks for any advice.

2. cyberheater

cyberheater

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +174
    Where can you buy the Yamakawa 288 dvd player in the UK?

BTW. VGA should be a lot better then component but the reality is, once your sitting far enough away from the screen; i'm not sure how big a difference you will actually see.
    Mind you. Most PJ's give you a lot more choice in tweaking when connected to a VGA signal.

3. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,389
    VGA is not an actual colour space such as component YUV, it is a connection type. The VGA port on my plasma accepts either a YUV or RGBHV colour space signal.
    The standard signal on VGA tends to be RGBHV (as used by a PC monitor) which is the best colour space to use and so should give the best PQ as long as a fairly good quality cable is used.

Mark.