VGA to TV Convertor

sully1024

Standard Member
Hi I hope someone can help?
:lease:
I have just completed my first media centre build and it all seems to be working fine on a PC monitor. I have just tried to connect it to my TV using a DVI to RGB lead plugged into the TVs composites (Red, Green, and Blue) but I have no picture, I know the composites work on the TV because I have just unplugged the kids XBOX. Unfortunately my DPL 44 LG inch TV doesn’t have a PC input so I think I have may only the one option left, VGA to TV conversion. I did try the TV out from a video card first and the text was barely readable. Can someone please help? I am absolutely gutted. I have seen loads of converters for sale but I am a worried that if I jump in to buy one without asking I could buy the wrong one and the picture quality be poor.

Many Thanks

Sully1024

Andy98765

Distinguished Member
First off it is not composite (R,G,B) is component, huge difference.
What graphics card are you using and did the DVI to component cable come with the card, I doubt it. I would expect to use a DVI to HDMI but not what you got.
So some more info please.
What graphics card or onboard graphics are you using.

sully1024

Standard Member
Its a Gigabyte board with on board graphics, it has both VGA & DVI out. The lead I bought off the web for about £6.00. I have also tried the ATI XT2600 XT out of my other machine but that didnt work either thats why I am looking at the converters. As another option is if theres a reasonable graphics card that will give a good TV out because the one on the ATI 2600 XT is very poor. I am sorry I always say composites when I mean component or the other way round thats why I always either say RGB or YRW. Ps I am, hoping that the TV will break soon so the wife will let me buy a new one, one with a PC input.

Thanks

Sully1024

AdvWar

Does your TV have HDMI in?

sully1024

Standard Member
Its done and I have v good pic. I bought a GForce 8400 GS that had RGB connecter, that went straight to the TV. Just a minor few issues now to sort out and thats it.

velvitjester

Its done and I have v good pic. I bought a GForce 8400 GS that had RGB connecter, that went straight to the TV. Just a minor few issues now to sort out and thats it.

what do you mean rgb.is it a scart input or component on the graphics card?

you do know it wont display hd.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom