1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VGA to SCART AND ty-st42pa20 stand

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by leighv, Apr 20, 2005.

1. leighv

leighv
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I wondered whether anybody could help....

I have a Panasonic TH42PE30 and Panasonic have thoughtfully put the VGA socket on the front of the screen and it also means that when it is connected you can't actually close the panel where the hphone socket, volume controls etc, live. That's quite a problem as I don't want the VGA lead from my PC hanging down and the panel open. So my question is can I somehow get a VGA to SCART lead or is there another suggestion??

Also I have bought a ty-st42pa20 stand. I have tried to attach the tv to the stand. In the instruction manual it says on page 4 - point 3 - Fasten with screws - securely fasten using long screws. I have tried to do this - but the picture does not seem to apply to my television. Can you help? Rgds.

2. Light_User

Light_User

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Re: your cable problem - try asking someone on the forum - other av subjects, or the computer forum. Also, try a search on the Forum's home page. I have found a thread from last June which may or may not help. http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136811&highlight=vga+scart

Bad news on your stand though - you have bought the wrong one. You need to get the TYST42PX20.

Good luck.

3. leighv

leighv
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi - thanks for your reply.... However this is what I was told by a supplier.....

The PX20 is the purpose built model for the 37" & 42" Viera range and are squarer in shape.

The PA20 was designed for the older model Plasma TV but has the same fitting pegs. It's appearance is different though - more eliptical, and has been used as an alternative option to the PX20 as they are hard to get hold of, seperate to the screen itself.

4. Light_User

Light_User

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Maybe you need to go back to the supplier - if they have a screen and stand in stock then they can try to fit them together and tell you how to do it !! :D

Then if it is not possible, ask them to send you the correct stand or a refund. Try this site - also a few others - I have not searched for the cheapest - just to prove that there are retailers who sell the stand.

http://www.superfi.co.uk/index.cfm/page/moreinfo.cfm/Product_ID/1943