1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VGA to RGBHV - all the same?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by cosaw, Mar 25, 2005.

1. cosaw

cosaw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Aside from quality are all VGA to RGBHV cables the same i.e. wiring and compatability. Looking to purchase one off ebay and a couple say this:

Please note: These cables are not compatible with computer monitor ports or Y/Cr/Cb video. Your video source must provide a YPbPr component video signal from the HD15 port to use this cable.

Can anyone clarify what this means.

Thanks,

Simon

2. Thunder

Thunder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Most 15pin HD to RGBHV configurartions are the same. However if you talking about the 9 pin input port on a Barco then thats a different kettle of fish :thumbsup:

3. cosaw

cosaw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Thanks thunder, had a quick look at your RGBHV lead but obviously this didn't tell me about compatability. I'm going in via RGBHV on the back of the pj straigth from the vga port on my PC - so that should be fine. May have a few more questions for you about home made ceiling mounts but will read your thread first. Just need a cheap lead to get up and runnning and ebay is the place at the mo.

Many thanks,

Simon