• Apologies for the inconvenience, but AVForums will be offline from 6am Thursday 21st January 2021 for a few hours while we perform a major update to our core software. See what changes are coming.

VGA to raw RGBHV (not Component) output

C

clhug

I've been searching the forums and have found lots of info on VGA to Component video using ATI video cards. Unfortunately, I have a 9250 which apparently doesn't support the Component output. However, my HDTV (a Mitsubishi WS-65311 about 3 or 4 years old) also has a raw RGBHV input in addition to "Component" video input. If I make a just a straight VGA to RGBHV breakout cable, can I hook that to the RGBHV input on my TV and still be able to use my ATI 9250 card? (Trying to avoid having to buy a new video card.) Will it just work, or will I have any issues with refresh rate timing or anything like that that could cause damage to my TV?

Thank you.

C

clhug

Never mind. Got impatient and built the cable. Works like a charm! A thousand times better picture quality than the Composite video out the ATI 9250 card provides!! And I'm able to do full 1080i and 480p widescreen on my HDTV!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom