VGA to HDMI Converter

Azzzza

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi,

My friend recently bought a VGA to HDMI converter box so that she could watch movies from her laptop on her TV.

We have connected all the appropriate wires but she is not getting any sound through the TV.

We have connected the red and White RCA audio cable to the appropriate connections and the other end of the audio cable which is a 3.5mm jack, we have tried in all 3 ports on her laptop. When we plug into the Headphone/line-out jack, the volume no longer comes through the laptop speaker, but it doesn't come through the TV either.

Can any one point me in the right direction as to whether this converter should allow the audio to come through the TV, or is there a setting on the laptop that we haven't tried?

Attachments

• DSC_3850.JPG
    DSC_3850.JPG
    941.9 KB · Views: 49
  • DSC_3851.JPG
    DSC_3851.JPG
    968.1 KB · Views: 50
I would suspect the laptop is set wrong, especially as it sounds like it may be a combined port. The places I'd check are windows output devices (most programs use the default, so set that output to the default) and the control panel software for your audio chip.

I would suspect the laptop is set wrong, especially as it sounds like it may be a combined port. The places I'd check are windows output devices (most programs use the default, so set that output to the default) and the control panel software for your audio chip.
Thanks for your reply. I have tried connecting the laptop to a gaming chair with a 3.5mm jack and the sound comes through fine, it seems to be that the converter box is stopping it from getting to the TV.

What media player were you using on the laptop ?

Apologies to piggy back this forum but I currently connect my laptop to the TV using the VGA cable and separate jack. I'm looking to get a VGA to HDMi converter as my TV will soon be wall mounted and I won't be able to get to my TV's VGA socket. Is there a reccommended one to use that's moderately cheap?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom