VGA to DVI cable recommendations?

I

imh

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a good VGA to DVI cable? Looking for good quality shielded cable if possible...

Thanks,

I'm not sure what you mean. The DVI connector on your graphics board probably outputs VGA too, for your VGA display. So DVI to VGA makes kind of sense (although it's really "VGA through a DVI connector" to VGA). You can get an adapter and then use your regular VGA cable from a computer store. But you can't get DVI from VGA w/o a fairly large bag a tricks. Please explain a bit more what you want to do.

Arto

Ar-Jar said:
I'm not sure what you mean. The DVI connector on your graphics board probably outputs VGA too, for your VGA display. So DVI to VGA makes kind of sense (although it's really "VGA through a DVI connector" to VGA). You can get an adapter and then use your regular VGA cable from a computer store. But you can't get DVI from VGA w/o a fairly large bag a tricks. Please explain a bit more what you want to do.

Arto

A DVI-I in connection on a TV is capable of taking in both a digital signal or a analogue signal (i.e. VGA). Thus I'd like to connect a VGA out on a PC to the DVI-I and obviously want a semi decent cable to do this...

Ok, so it is a VGA - VGA cable you're looking for. With an adapter in one end. I have used a standard computer store VGA cable (10 meters) between my HTPC and my projector which worked just fine cable-wise. Unfortunately the framerate of the projector in VGA config was stuck at 56 Hz which was good for neither PAL nor NTSC so I got myself a graphics board with DVI output instead.

Arto

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom