1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VGA to Component Cable or VGA transcoder

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Frankeh, Sep 12, 2005.

1. Frankeh

Frankeh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have an adaptor, the Blaze Adaptor.. picture: http://www.ps2modchip.com/blaze-vga.jpg

this adaptor has the following inputs:

Composite
    VGA

now.. I want to connect this thing with my Projector... though, this thing can make it possible to give my games a higher resolution, though.. If I want this resolution I need composite.. that's why I don't know what I shuold buy? A VGA transcoder?
    --> http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volume_11_4/images/key-digital-ctca3-transcoder-front-main.jpg

VGA to Component Cable?
    --> http://www.lenexpo-electronics.com/ebay_uk/i/19072-1.jpg
    (this one is pretty expensive: 40£)

I was wondering.. these are 2 options to solve my "problem".. is there a big difference in quality between these 2 options?

2. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,471
    Hello Frankeh

Not sure exactly what your asking :)

You have an adepter for your PS2 that with compatible games allows you to output an RGBHV signal via the HD15 (VGA) Output on the adapter.

The RGBHV signal seems to be in a slightly higher resolution than normal and I guess if you have a Display with an RGBHV Input and its compatible with the refresh rate the 'Blaze' adapter is Outputting then your Display (or PC monitor) now becomes a PS2 monitor.

If your Display/Projector is not compatible with an RGBHV signal then ditch the Blaze adapter and get a PS2 YUV cable kit (+ extension) if you require it as that's most likely to be a lot better than using the Blaze plus some form of 'down conversion' from RGBHV to YUV.

Best regards

Joe

3. Frankeh

Frankeh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't get it what you are talking about mate, I'm a total noob in this subjet... can you descibe it easier for me? With RGBHV you simply mean RGB right? I don't think a Sanyo Z3 accepts RGB... I know people who have the Blaze adaptor and they tell you can "unlock" the real (higher) resolution of specific games (it doesn't work with all the PS2 games) BUT you need component because you can't have high definition through something else than component (or dvi of course)

4. ijd

ijd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +129
    why not just purchase a ps2 to componment lead,
    i have ps2 to scart but have seen ps2 to componment,
    i cannot see that converter making any improvement from the original signal, i could well be wrong and indeed would like to be corrected if it could,personally i think the more adapters/ converters just serve to degrade a signal and therefore
    degrade the final picture

5. ijd

ijd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +129
  6. Frankeh

Frankeh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    with converter, do you mean the blaze adaptor?

yeh there is ps2 to component, and I'll be buying those.. though, when I connect the blaze on my PS2 I don't need the ps2 to component.. because the blaze adaptor = ps2 input

the output for the blaze though has no component.. and that's why I've created this topic.

7. ijd

ijd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +129
    have had a further look at boxes similar to the one above, and it seems there purpose is to allow you to connect an rgb signal in to vga out so that you can use your ps2 dvd etc
    and view them on a pc monitor,and i am guessing that you could not turn a vga into a viewable signal for your projector, would be interested to know the outcome..

8. ijd

ijd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +129
    with converter, do you mean the blaze adaptor....yes i did

component is the highest quality input you can get next to hdi, so i would go with component.