1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VGA to 5 BNC - cables cheaper in the US?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by AndyFov, Sep 27, 2003.

1. AndyFov

AndyFov

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    Having failed to find anything cheaper than about £90 all in here, I just found exactly what I need, a 10M vga to 5bnc breakout lead in the States for ~ £30. (net of import taxes)

http://***********/ow6e

Can anybody point me to similar value in the UK? I'm going to set about mailing GreatCables to see what they'll charge shipping to the UK.

Incidentally, if anybody wants one too while I'm at it please PM me, as if shipping isn't prohibitively expensive I can easily add extra leads to the order.

Andy

2. sinbrad

sinbrad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes I would be interested in getting hold of the same cable. If it would be any help and you could pass the info, I currently work alongside American servicemen and the cable could be sent via their forces mail which is considerably cheaper than normal shipping, I could then mail it onto you via Royal Mail at standard UK charges. Just ask them if they would send to an AFPO address?

3. AndyFov

AndyFov

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    Now, that's a good idea. Ok, I will.

I'll get back to you in due course.

Being the tightwad that I am, I was beginning to contemplate just getting a standard 10M VGA male to femaleBGA extension cable, then chaining to that a standard 1m HD15 to 5BNC lead. I figured I could get passable results for £35 or so that way.

Andy

4. AndyFov

AndyFov

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    Actually, I'm giving up on that idea. I mailed Greatcables but got no reply. In fairness to them they may well have replied, but had their response zapped by my over-zealous anti-spam software.

I'm going to get by in the meantime by bodging something together with cheap & cheerful monitor leads. Sorry for the unfulfilled promise Sinbrad. :(

Andy