VGA stretch on 42 Samsung Q97

Discussion in 'Samsung TVs Forum' started by Aram, Sep 11, 2007.

1. Aram

Aram

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys

I have just set up my HTPC connecting it to a samsung 42" Q97 via VGA port. However I cant seem to set the output resolution of the PC to WXGA, only XGA meaning that the image gets stretched to fill the screen.

I know that 42" plasmas have an XGA resolution, but on my parents Panasonic PX70, I can set the out put to 1336x768 and the TV displays it correctly, and I dont understand why my pc/tv wont let me do that.

I have tried it using the intergrated GeForce 6150 (same as my parents) and also a seperate GF 7100, but both only give me 3 resolution options: 800x600, 9xx x 6xx and 1024x768. Im using the latest forceware R162 drivers.

This makes me think its the TV that can only accept these resolutions, but Ive tried DVI to HDMI and I still only get the same res options, and there is also an overscan issue on the HDMI.

Anyone have any ideas?

Aram

2. s_inman

s_inman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +308
    Have you tried powerstrip? It has the ability to do custom resolutions etc.

3. Aram

Aram

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I havn't, Ill give it a try tonight

Thanx mate :thumbsup:

4. Aram

Aram

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    nope, unfortunately that doesnt work, it seems the Screen will just not accept a widescreen resolution, which seems rediculous but I gues thats just the way it is.

Thanks for the reply tho, and if anyone else has any ideas they would be much appreciated:)

Cheers

Aram