1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VGA - Sanyo Z3 problems..

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Frankeh, Oct 23, 2005.

1. Frankeh

Frankeh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When I, for example, connect my Sanyo Z3 with my PC through VGA it only gives me blue colors.. when I change my color settings etc nothing changes, if I make the blue stronger you'll see things better, but when you make things more red or green you will see it worse.. so that means the VGA cable sends the Blue colors but not the Green & Red? Does this mean my VGA cable is damaged? So I should buy a new one?

2. Comer

Comer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +82
    Have you checked the ends of the cable for bent pins. This happens to me on PCs in work a bit when one of the pins are bent. I usually just straighten the pin with a knife and the cable works perfectly.

3. Frankeh

Frankeh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    none of the pins are bented.. (on both sides of the cable)

Cable damaged? I'd like to test the VGA cable with another elektrical system besides the projector but I don't have a VGA system besides the Projector & PC

4. Frankeh

Frankeh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I tried if it makes a good contact, I checked 3 times to be sure everything is connected as it should be --> still the same, everything in blue

I even used an Ohm meter with my dad, the same pins on both sides.. when it gives 0 Ohm it's correct, everything was correct.. :/

I'm going to buy a new VGA cable tomorrow, one of 2 metres[= 6.5 feet] ,the one I'm using is 10 metres = 32.8 feet.

so I can check if it's the cable that may be damaged.. I phoned with a guy working in an elektrical shop, he said a VGA cable of 10 metres can give such problems? But the VGA cable I have has gold connectors, high quality...

5. Ross82

Ross82

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Hiya Frankeh,

Ive been having the same problems with my PJ. I thought it was the cable originally. Mines red not blue though. Have you checked the input settings on your projector? mine was set to component as its using a d-sub cable to except both compoenent and RGB, Once changed to RGB the image was fine.
    i dont know if its the same problem but it might work.
    (mines still going back though as it hasnt changed the solid colour issue through component!)

6. Frankeh

Frankeh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Which projector do you have?
    Yes i tried every imput, it didn't gave me anthing except on the input computer.. whic is completely blue

I'm going to buy a new VGA cable of 2 metres (5 feet) so I'll let you know later on the evening what happens with that.

PS: how long is your vga cable?

7. Frankeh

Frankeh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok I just tested a bit with my new VGA male to male cable (2m)

When I connect my Projector with my Computer and I choose as input: "Computer" and in a secondary input option: "RGB Analog" (the other option is RGB SCART) everything works as I want it to be! No color problems at all.. BUT

Actually it isn't the PC I want to connect through VGA.. I want to connect my PlayStation 2 through VGA with my PJ (I have a VGA adaptor for that)
    I had the same problem with the PlayStation 2 (compared to the PC) with the first cable, it was all in blue

So I connected my PS2 with the VGA adaptor and the VGA Adaptor with my PJ through the VGA cable..

(first you have to know something: in the PS2 settings you can choose between "RGB" or "Y-Pb-Pr" I know the second one is component.. when you connect your PS2 with component cables you logically need to choose Y-Pb-Pr as video option, if it's running in RGB mode you won't see anything..)

I put the settings on RGB and the PJ input: Computer --> RGB SCART
    I have all the colors BUT it looks like it isn't making good contact.. as in: the screen isn't standing still, it's constantly shuddering (you guys know what I'm talking about) BUT I did everything, I blew into the contacts, I even make them clean with a special product made for cleaning contacts etc and it didn't help!

With the first cable I didn't have anything on my screen.. but with this new cable I have, but as I just said above..

When I try the setting "Y-Pb-Pr" (on my ps2) and (like above) RGB SCART
    I just got everything in green, not just a green screen.. I see my game but its all in green colors (dark greens, lighter greens etc) I had the same problem like with the other VGA cable, but with that one it was blue...

djezes what the fudge is that? Can someone help me? ;p

PS: When i choose Analog RGB I get nothing on my screen.

PS: Don't ask me why I'm trying to connect my PS2 through VGA, it's because the blaze adaptor is capable of showing higher resolutions.. I'd like to see if it's true

8. toongaz

toongaz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    but mine is with a rgb scart coming from my brand new sky+ box. It worked brilliant with my old box but since we got a new one this weekend i cant get any thing that resembles a picture. It is constantly shuddering when i put my z3 settings to rgb. Then when i switch to rgb i get nothing. I am also wondering whether my scart is damaged but i would like to know for sure before i buy a new one as it is a 12m scart. I may have plugged in the scart on saturday night with the system still switched on while under the influence of alcohol so wonder if this would damage my scart or worse still my projector. Tried all of the settings on my sky+ HELP!

9. Ross82

Ross82

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Morning Frankeh!

Ha, im glad to see im not the only person having this problem.
    Im not trying to conect my ps2 through VGA but do also have a component-vga switch box which is capaple of exception signals up to 1080i so my upscaling dvd is running through this box. The only component input on my PJ is a D-Sub(vga) connenction so i have no option. The only way i have had mine working is to run the source (dvd/ps2 etc) through component out - into vga swith box - PJ, and then the PJ set to RGB in instead of component, however this is only a 4:3 aspect ratio as is thinking its a PC input.
    The bad news is that the PJ is going back today as its still not working through the component input!!!
    The switch box i have is this:
    component-vga box
    is this similar to what youve got?
    If so you might have various switches on the side to allow certain frequencies through, there should be a "sync on green" switch on there which may help the issue.
    Sorry i cant help anymore!