1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VGA => RGB Scart Settings

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by jameson_uk, Mar 11, 2005.

1. jameson_uk

jameson_uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +579
    I have a Radeon 9200SE card and a 29" CRT (4:3) and have just received my VGA to RGB Scart Cable but I can't get a real picture on the screen.

I have managed to get a signal which either just random lines or little screens in a sort of tesalating diagonal pattern (never though I would use that word after I left school :) )

I have tried various timings in powerstrip but don't know what I should be changing to try and get the picture.

The scart socket definately accepts RGB as I used to run my cable box into it and the TV also is fine with PAL and NTSC.

Please can someone shed some light on what settings I should be using (if I get a picture that would be a start !!) and I can take it from there

2. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    First thoughts are a sync issue, but I know nothing about connecting VGA to SCART so don't have any experience to work on.

Certainly to begin with I'd not even try Powerstrip, you should be able to get a stable image using standard VGA resolutions I'd have thought.

3. jameson_uk

jameson_uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +579
    After digging round a bit I now have a picture through RGB. It was a problem with tilling and I needed to turn it off via some hidden function in powerstrip.

The problem I have now is that whilst the picture quality is great, the picture is flickering. I guess this is to do with the powerstrip settings but no matter what I tweak, it does not get any better. Any suggestions ??

4. jameson_uk

jameson_uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +579
    I now have a picture using the following powerstrip settings

PowerStrip timing parameters:
    720x576=720,42,96,78,576,3,28,18,15173,312

Generic timing details for 720x576:
    HFP=42 HSW=96 HBP=78 kHz=16 VFP=3 VSW=28 VBP=18 Hz=26

Linux modeline parameters:
    "720x576" 15.173 720 762 858 936 576 579 607 625 interlace +hsync +vsync

I am loosing quite a few lines on top of the screen but it is fine at sides and bottom. This lead me to think I just need to change the front porch setting but this does not work (I have been balancing it by taking out the equivalent back porch)

Also the picture is very shaky (it sort of looks like I am watching a reflection in a pool of water).