1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VGA -> RGB SCART - pinout question which site is right?

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by jonsayers, Mar 17, 2005.

1. jonsayers

jonsayers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  2. Dunkwho

Dunkwho

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    I used the second one ... works fine with my 9600 to my sony 25" 4:3 50hz, and panasonic 32" 16:9 100hz. The only difference is the function and blanking line coming from the vga socket.

Duncan

3. gordonfmoore

gordonfmoore

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ditto

the first one doesn't have the audio and uses a +5v supply from the powersupply.

The second one has been updated, so earlier posts to the effect that it was incorrectly wired are no longer true:

Read through these forums and threads:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136811&page=1&pp=15

http://www.xpmce.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=92596&start=0&sid=02dceb1b9737bc65106a328d9f5fd0b0

And it is worth the effort in terms of quality. I'm having to use s video temporarily as I rebuild my system and its awful.

Gordon

4. jonsayers

jonsayers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cheers. re-wired to the second method and it worked fine. (sort of LOL)

Just to get the resolution/timing right. Screen keeps scrolling at the moment.

I'll have a good read through those threads later. Anyone know the best resolution and timing for a 16:9 TV?

5. GrahamMG

GrahamMG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +192
    Anyone ever tried this Scart wiring with an NVidia card (i.e. 6600GT)???? Everyone always mentions ATI cards with this so I'm curious if it works with NVidia cards???????

6. stlic

stlic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    nVidia cardas cannot output a composite sync signal so the above lead would not work. You could, however, use this lead; no personal experience so can't really advise you further.