VGA question

P

peanuthead

:hiya: Hey all

I will be getting my new LE32A557 LCD soon, and will need to connect the following, so i just want to make sure i am ordering the right cables etc.

From laptop to TV... 1 VGA to HDMI converter box, 1 3.5mm to twin RCA to go from laptop to Surround Sound System, 1 HDMI to HDMI to go from converter box to LCD

From Surround Sound DVD player, 1 HDMI to HDMI to go to LCD

From PS3, 1 HDMI to HDMI to go to LCD

Will i get better quality by using the converter box or will it be just the same if i go VGA direct to TV? I will be using laptop to play DVD movies and 720p and 1080p movies.

Thanks for any help.

Ben

Will i get better quality by using the converter box or will it be just the same if i go VGA direct to TV?
Direct connect, don't waste money on a converter. Otherwise, all looks good. Don't forget audio from your PS3 to your surround sound system too :smashin:

P

peanuthead

Direct connect, don't waste money on a converter. Otherwise, all looks good. Don't forget audio from your PS3 to your surround sound system too :smashin:
Hey Ben

Thanks for the reply, so its ok to go vga str8 to tv? thats cool, will save me a fortune.

As for ps3, will the HDMI not carry the audio as well as the video to my tv?

Thanks

dwhite

Distinguished Member
As for ps3, will the HDMI not carry the audio as well as the video to my tv?

It will but what Ben is suggesting is if you want surround sound for the PS3 you need to send a optical cable to your surround system. In this case you wouldn't get sound thru HDMI as you need set the PS3 to output over optical.

P

peanuthead

It will but what Ben is suggesting is if you want surround sound for the PS3 you need to send a optical cable to your surround system. In this case you wouldn't get sound thru HDMI as you need set the PS3 to output over optical.

Ahhh gotcha.. i should have enough inputs on the Surround Sound.

Thanks so much for your replies, you have saved me some money and i have learnt something. :thumbsup:

Cheers

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom