1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vga output on DVD players

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by keyser, Oct 28, 2002.

1. keyser

keyser
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Are there any players that have them? Do they give better pq than component?

2. Mark Ward

Mark Ward

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    I've been thinking about this too.

A VGA\XGA\SXGA output card would be a great upgrade option for my FMJ27 .....John? :D

Could stop people getting quite so curious about unofficial SDI mods to players.

Mark.

3. Badger

Badger
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    There are a number of Chinese sourced players that have a VGA output (see http://www.hivizone.com for some examples) but they all have certain "issues" - The one that looks the most promising is the Xindak player http://www.xindakaudio.com/en/- there are some discussions on www.avsforum.com

I think the problem is that a VGA output will not carry a macrovision signal therefore most manufacturers will not be able to put it onto players for the same reason as SDI

Phil

4. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,786
    Badger is correct. There is no authorised protection for progressive RGB output.

VGA socket is just an HD15 and can be used to transfer lots of different rates.

Cinematrix card fits internally and gives de-interlacing and scaling output through a VGA(HD15) socket I believe.

Gordon