• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

VGA or HDMI Help Please

Sproz

Standard Member
Hi, my first post so please accept my apologies if doing anything wrong etc!

I have a great new Samsung 40" 1080p LCD and have the graphics from my cheap new PC hooked up thru the VGA port, evrything looks good, no overscan etc, and 'info' on the tv shows it displaying at 1080p.
Now probably due to the onboard graphics, films and games can be jerky, so I'm looking at a new graphics card but want it to be hdmi (not dvi)as my amp has run out of digital inputs so want to send the sound down the cable aswell.My sound card has coax output so I guess thew new card would need to accept this aswell.
So....
Which hdmi graphics card is good on a budget? (around £70) (not too bothered about high end games)
Will it display ok on the tv?
will it be better than the current set up?
Will this upscale dvd's played on the pc?
AND it has to be silent!
Thanks

reaper12

Established Member
Wait for the New ATI budget cards to come out. The UVD technology is great and really makes movies better when watching on a large screen TV. The two models out currently are the HD3850 and the HD3870. The 3850 is around £100. The new budget cards won't be as good for gaming as the ones I listed, but should be perfect for movie watching.

Yes to all your questions apart from the silent one. I cant say will they be silent, but I have the HD3870 and it is very quiet.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom