VGA or Component?

salco93

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, been surfing the net for a while trying to decide which way to go. I have got component at the moment, but has serious ghosting. I was wondering whether to get more expensive cables, either Monster or Ixos, for around 25 pounds on ebay. Should i get them? Or should i get a vga box? Any help would be great. Thanks.

Using VGA over component is unlikelly to help, although it depends on the quality of the cable. You mentioned trying more expensive cables, which might help, but it might not.

It really depends what you meen by ghosting, as some ghosting issues are down to the screen in the TV or monitor.

Well i have no ghosting through hdmi or any other input. One thing i should mention though, is that i bought the GAMEWare component cable, and the picture is even worse than the sony component cables. So might that indicate that if i get even better cables, i will get a better picture. Or would i be better of getting a vga box, because my pc is crystal clear through vga. Thanks

is there no reason you just cant use HDMI anyway ?
converting component to vga would look just as bad if not worse I would imagine

I have my sky running through hdmi, and i dont want to have to be taking it out every time i want to play ps3. Which way do you guys suggest i try?

Just get a hdmi switch, so you can get more than one device connected to your one hdmi port on the tv. :smashin:

Attachments

• HDMI-2port1.jpg
    HDMI-2port1.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 45

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom