VGA on NVidia OcUK GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB GDDR3 HDTV/Dual DVI

Richchad

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the OcUK Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB GDDR3 HDTV/Dual DVI (PCI-Express) card has a VGA connector as well as DVI?

The reason I ask is I want to use a VGA KVM switch temporarily to transfer files from my old PC to my new Ultima OC 8800GTX" Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.40GHz PC :)

If it doesn't could I use a DVI/VGA adapter?

GX-051-OK_400.jpg

Doesn't look like it.

Thanks Scottyyy, never thought to look at the picture :blush:

Looks like trip to Maplins to get a convertor then. :(

I would be very surprised if it didn't come with a vga adaptor. Most cards that have twin dvi output do.

I would be very surprised if it didn't come with a vga adaptor. Most cards that have twin dvi output do.

Yes thanks jimborae, others have told me this but it isn't just the card I am buying it is a complete system less monitor keyboard etc from Overclockers so not so sure they will provide an adapter as they will be assuming it to be connected to a DVI monitor, which it will be actually, but I have a KVM switch for VGA only and wanted to use it to transfer files with a USB link lead.

Ok I understand, I probably have half a dozen sat around at home so if you want me to pop one in the post pm your address.

Also is there any possibility of you purchasing the pc from elsewhere, I'd hate to see you become another victim of their atrocious after sales service.

Ok I understand, I probably have half a dozen sat around at home so if you want me to pop one in the post pm your address.

Also is there any possibility of you purchasing the pc from elsewhere, I'd hate to see you become another victim of their atrocious after sales service.

Thanks for your kind offer, I see you aren't too far from me either, it is too late to buy from anywhere else, the deed is done and expecting delivery on Monday, I have heard good and bad about most of these companies, it is so difficult to make a decision sometimes, I guess we have all had good and bad experiences from time to time with various companies when buying.

So as it is supposed to be arriving on Monday I will soon know if an adapter arrives or not and will decide what to do then, however I appreciate your offer. :smashin:

Thanks for your kind offer, I see you aren't too far from me either, it is too late to buy from anywhere else, the deed is done and expecting delivery on Monday, I have heard good and bad about most of these companies, it is so difficult to make a decision sometimes, I guess we have all had good and bad experiences from time to time with various companies when buying.

So as it is supposed to be arriving on Monday I will soon know if an adapter arrives or not and will decide what to do then, however I appreciate your offer. :smashin:

Thats true, I know some people who swear by OcUK and have never had a bad experience with them, hopefully you'll be one of them.... Unfortunately I wasn't but I hope you enjoy your new purchase.

jimborae, just to update you on my new Overclockers PC, the system did come with a VGA adapter in the 'box of bits' Thanks for your offer anyway. :smashin:

Have manged to transfer nearly all the files I needed from my old computer to the new one via the the USB link, also worked on the network link as well.

So far the new system is running okay and nice and fast, so far all my old equipment is compatible with 32 bit Vista :thumbsup:

Good news:thumbsup: Glad it all worked out for you.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom