VGA on a Hitachi PD7200 plasma -not great

a5h

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I've just installed a genuine vga lead instead of the component I have always used as I want my Component i/p for my wii.

I thought the vga would at least be equal to component and possibly better, however its far worse, almost as though i've gone back to scart, not sharp, crisp and a bit dull, any idea's or experience with my tv, settings etc??

I can select the vga i/p on my TV to component or RGB, however only RGB is viewable, are there any vga updates due that could improve things??

Any advice is appreciated.

Cheers,
ASH

btw i have the 360 and tv set to 1360x768

Set it to 1024 x 768! It will be much better!

Butt stil my experience with the PD7200 is that component is superior.

But can't you just buy a Component switch? Or an AV-Receiver with component?

Today it 's a cheap and solid solution for your problem.

Im in exactly the same situation (PD7200, 360 and Wii), just got the Wii and want a component cable for it.
I borrowed a VGA for the 360 and a5h your right it didnt look impressive.:(

But then tried 1024x768 as Mercules suggests and it make a whole load of difference.

Also dont forget the PD7200 has individual picture settings for each input. After a short while playing with these i had a picture comparable to component. The other plus now of course is the 360 will upscale my dvds.:thumbsup:

Just hope now that the Wii component cable will give me a decent boost in pic quality.

Thanks for your replies, do either of you have any tv settings to try, in both the picture menu & setup?
Cheers,
ASH

I have VGA running on my 360 to a PD7200 with no problems at all, looks sharper than component to me :thumbsup:

I run my VGA through a multi-screen (4 ch) box so it outputs to the HD70 at the same time :smashin:

I have VGA running on my 360 to a PD7200 with no problems at all, looks sharper than component to me :thumbsup:

I run my VGA through a multi-screen (4 ch) box so it outputs to the HD70 at the same time :smashin:

What settings do you use? What res do you have the 360 to?
Cheers,
ASH

Have any of you guys tried it on 1280 x 1024?

Have any of you guys tried it on 1280 x 1024?

I have, as I thought that was closest to the native res of the TV (i think its 1024x1024????)

tbh i couldn't really see much differance between that and 1024x786, I also have tried 1368x768 and changed to the tv setting to WXGA but again couldn't really see the differance, except maybe the screen seemed to judder a little at the higher res, but I could be imagining that.

I tried VGA but the colours were bland, it did look a little sharper maybe, but something just didn't look right. The biggest reason i stuck with component is my component cable is built in the wall (from my amp) and the VGA cable would hang accross my fireplace!

try these, they are not mine, i found them in the hitachi pd7200 forum on here.

Input AV4
Device settings 1080i

Picture Mode Dynamic
Contrast 8
Brightness 6
Colour 5
Sharpness -2
Hue 0
Colour Temperature Normal
Contrast Mode Normal
YNR Off
CNR Off