VGA HELP!! my tv has it but has no picture

scotty86

Banned
i got a new tv and it has a vga input , i was connecting my 360 up but it kept saying no signal but i could hear the background noises like when someones sends a messages or when u completed a demo etc

PLEASE HELP !!!

i need to know if vga is better than component
thanks

Ex3Para

Standard Member
Ensure you aren't sending an image that your TV can't handle. For example, sending a 1080p image through to a TV that can only manage up to 1080i. Also check that the cable is connected properly and there are no signs of damage to the cable (including a check for bent pins, damaged while inserting it the first time).

scotty86

Banned
Ensure you aren't sending an image that your TV can't handle. For example, sending a 1080p image through to a TV that can only manage up to 1080i. Also check that the cable is connected properly and there are no signs of damage to the cable (including a check for bent pins, damaged while inserting it the first time).

cheers for the reply

right i know that the cable is workin as im using it with my moniter upstairs the resolution im using it is 1280x1024 so if i change it to 1366x768 on my moniter maybe that would help mmmh :confused:

thanks any way

PeteD64

Novice Member
right i know that the cable is workin as im using it with my moniter upstairs the resolution im using it is 1280x1024 so if i change it to 1366x768 on my moniter maybe that would help
LCD TVs are pretty fussy about what resolutions they can handle over VGA. 1280x1024 is unlikely to work. 1366 or 1360x768 works on a lot ofsets. You could also try 1024x768 to start with, just about every TV can handle that.

It can be a bit of trial & error. I struggled for ages to get a picture from a PC on my set. In the end I had to hot swap the cable from monitor to TV while the PC was running to get it working the first time.

pmonger

Novice Member
i connected my 360 to my plasma, via vga cable, today and only got sound until i went into the tv's vga input setting and changed it to RGB.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sony XH95 TV, Klipsch The Fives Speakers & Bias Light Reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom