Vga ghosting

wellibob

Established Member
Reaction score
Dear viewers, i recently connected my 32" lcd tv to my pc, along with my normal monitor, and the tv itself is connected through a 7.5 meter belkin vga lead. Ive now got ghsting on the image on the LCD tv image (its fine on the normal tft monitor with its normal vga lead supplied). The 7.5 meter vga lead does not have what i assume are ferrite rings around the cable at both ends like my normal vga leads that connect to my pc monitors. Is it possible for me to get some ferrite rings to stop this interference on my 7.5 lead (by wrapping the lead around them), or simply get another long vga lead with the protection built in ?

The said 7.5 m cable is now under the carpet, and its going to be a pain to remove it, thus a fix rather than a new lead would be helpful. Using my normal vga lead (with rings) and a vga ext lead does not produce this ghosting image on my HDTV(1360x768) , but the lead isnt long enough, and a pain to put onder carpet anyway

Dear viewers, i recently connected my 32" lcd tv to my pc, along with my normal monitor, and the tv itself is connected through a 7.5 meter belkin vga lead. Ive now got ghsting on the image on the LCD tv image (its fine on the normal tft monitor with its normal vga lead supplied). The 7.5 meter vga lead does not have what i assume are ferrite rings around the cable at both ends like my normal vga leads that connect to my pc monitors. Is it possible for me to get some ferrite rings to stop this interference on my 7.5 lead (by wrapping the lead around them), or simply get another long vga lead with the protection built in ?

The said 7.5 m cable is now under the carpet, and its going to be a pain to remove it, thus a fix rather than a new lead would be helpful. Using my normal vga lead (with rings) and a vga ext lead does not produce this ghosting image on my HDTV(1360x768) , but the lead isnt long enough, and a pain to put onder carpet anyway

That just sounds like a dodgy VGA cable. Any reason why you are not using a DVI-D to HDMI cable to get the best quality out of your current setup?

DVi to hdmi is an option, but a 7.5m hdmi cable is silly money, and ive seen dvi-hdmi, and vga on my set is better (apart from a dodgy lead). I have a few options to go through b4 ripping the cable back out from the carpet which are to put some ferrite rings on the cable, and or use a female to female dongle so i can connect up a lead with ferrites in to see if its possible to cure the annoying ghosting.

I purchased a 2m Belkin VGA cable for my LCD TV and the ghosting was shocking. Swapped it for a standard VGA cable from a monitor and there was no ghosting at all.

I used to think Belkin made some good cables, but from recent experience I think they've gone downhill a bit.

DVi to hdmi is an option, but a 7.5m hdmi cable is silly money, and ive seen dvi-hdmi, and vga on my set is better (apart from a dodgy lead)

This is a strange and might be related to your particular setup. On my cheap screen, the ghosting (along with other issues like screen tearing on fast moving scenes) using an analogue VGA connection was shocking and unbearable and all my issues were resolved with a good quality gold plated HDMI-DVI cable and an updated graphics card driver on the PC. FYI, I only paid £17 for my 10m cable from Ebay. Good luck.

I agree, sounds like a cable issue. I just connected up my PC to my new Sony LCD and it looks pin sharp with absolutely no ghosting using a DVI to VGA convertor and a 7.5m VGA cable. The cable was an ebay job (£7) but is good quality with decent noise suppression rings at each end.
I got my cable from here: http://stores.ebay.co.uk/K1Connectivity-Store

I purchased a female to female adaptor, and linked in a decent pc vga cable (with ferrite rings) onto the pc end of the 7.5 m cable and the ghosting has been banished :thumbsup: . A friend has the same lead, and he suffered from no ghosting :confused: , but like someone just said, its all equipment dependant. all sorted now anyway :smashin:

A friend has the same lead, and he suffered from no ghosting :confused: , but like someone just said, its all equipment dependant. all sorted now anyway :smashin:

Glad you got the issue sorted anyway. Maybe...no two cables/LCD screens are made the same? :lesson:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom