1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VGA Component or Component Board?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by coolmp3, Jan 6, 2005.

1. coolmp3

coolmp3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    I Have had my Panny PWD6 for over a week now. I orginaly purchased the Samsung PS42D4 which went stright back once i switch the thing on Total crap. The picture on the Panny is Great i could not ask for more. Any way back to the question in hand.
    I have made a VGA to Component Cable using a good quailty cad monitor cable and cut of the BNC's and fitted my own Gold rca's on. I wonder if anyone can tell me if i would get an even better picture using a component board. I current just have the standard VGA and a scart board. Also i have got my NTL Digi box running RGB in to my Sony HX900 recorder which is then outputing Component. I The picture looks great but is this the best option?
    Cheers Peeps.

2. Barend

Barend

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    If I remember correctly from a very old posting when you use the VGA input (same R-G-B analog feeding really) you don't have the JUST mode.
    Not sure though. will try hooking up my new Iscan thru 2 x HD15 this weekend.