VGA Cable

mr. shr

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I want to conntect my laptop to my pio 435XDE.

Can anyone recommend a particular cable? I'll be going VGA out of the laptop to VGA in on the MR receiver.

I've been looking at some Belkin cables on Ebuyer. Does anyone have any opinions on these?

Thanks for your help

shr

OK now I'm confused!!
Was just about to order from Ebuyer when suddenly realised I don't actually know which lead to buy!!!!

Can anyone tell me if I need male to male or male to female leads? I know it needs to be male at the laptop end but what should be at the receiver end?

Male to male, mate, and the belkin ones are fine. Likewise, Lindy, or pretty much anything that looks well made. It's a robust signal, and most VGA cables carry it reasonably well.

Thanks MAW. But I'm still struggling. Some of the specs (on EBUYER) say that the leads are for 17" LCD's or smaller!!!
Will they work with a 43" Plasma?!?!

What do I need?!?!?!?!

a 15 pin vga is a 15 pin vga regardless of monitor size....but don't get them from empire direct....try tvcables.co.uk or lektropaks

How long do you want it? Longer cables = better quality needed, but not OTT. I use Lindy ones, never had a problem. In the end you have to compromise between something so thick and stiff you can't move it around, and a silly bit of old knicker elastic that barely conducts electricity, at the 2 extremes. But either will work, just the picture quality falls off over distance much faster with 'orrible cables.

It's a simple VGA cable that is used to connect a monitor to a PC.

I used the VGA cable that came with my Iiyama TFT screen to connect my laptop to my Pio screen.

It's a simple VGA cable that is used to connect a monitor to a PC.

I used the VGA cable that came with my Iiyama TFT screen to connect my laptop to my Pio screen.
And that works ok does it?

I'll just get something simple then.

I'll post a picture up of it if that would help?
Thanks Major Ingram,
I still haven't found which I'm gonna go for.
Everyone's delivery charges are about the same as the cable!!!
Will keep trying though.

mep said:

On that same page there is a component to VGA cable as well, with that cable would it be possible to connect my sources to my amp using component in, as follows and then have the component out on my amp connected to the VGA in and leave the amp to do the switching (Denon 3802)

DVD PLayer, Component Out -- Amp Component In
X-box,Scart Out > JS RGB2YUV > Amp Component In

Amp, Component Out -- YUV2VGA Cable -- Plasma

I've not decided on plasma yet, leaning towards a Panny :D

That works on a PWD6, but the feature has been nobbled on the 7 series. Being resident cynic, I'd say it was affecting sales of video cards.

I think I'm right in saying that if you go for panny 7 series you can't do component to vga, but you can on 6 series...no doubt an expert will advise :)

That top box in 'setup' is greyed out in 7 series. On the 6, you go to the PC input, and change 'rgb' to 'component' and that's it. Saves £100 with the press of a button.

MAW said:
That works on a PWD6, but the feature has been nobbled on the 7 series. Being resident cynic, I'd say it was affecting sales of video cards.

MEP said:
I think I'm right in saying that if you go for panny 7 series you can't do component to vga, but you can on 6 series...no doubt an expert will advise :)

Thanks for the info, strange that the 7 series is a generation forward but seems to have taken a step back in features :thumbsdow

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom