VGA cable Q

Mickey123

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Can anyone check something for me.

If you have the digital optical output going into your 5.1 amp via your VGA cable does the analogue left and right still output.

Or is it one or the other IE digital OR analogue.

No guesses please, does anyone acctually know this for sure. I have no analogue device to check mine with at this time.

Appreciated, Mickey

Mickey123 said:
Hi,

Can anyone check something for me.

If you have the digital optical output going into your 5.1 amp via your VGA cable does the analogue left and right still output.

Just checked for you-the analogue left and right are still outputting.

Thanks mate, much appreciated:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

EDIT - BTW if the digital out is in 5.1 (as it is) will the analogue be stereo signal or 5.1 forced through stereo outs?

If its 5.1 forced stereo will it make a diff if I plug it into a stereo amp thats not 5.1?

Mickey123 said:
Thanks mate, much appreciated:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

EDIT - BTW if the digital out is in 5.1 (as it is) will the analogue be stereo signal or 5.1 forced through stereo outs?

If its 5.1 forced stereo will it make a diff if I plug it into a stereo amp thats not 5.1?

It will be output in stereo regardless of the input. You can't put any sort of 5.1 signal through stereo rca leads it has to be either optical or coaxial digital.

So you can connect it an amp if it has stereo rca plugs. It won't however be in 5.1 unless the amp you plug it in to has dolby pro logic 2.:smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom