1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VGA cable: picture quality differences?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by thfcwestlower, Sep 26, 2004.

1. thfcwestlower

thfcwestlower

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Hi guys,

Im new to this forum and would be extremely grateful if anyone could help me with a question.

Im looking to run a console (PS2) into a JS Tech RGB - VGA converter and then run a length of VGA - VGA cable up into the 15 pin socket on the TH-42PWD6. However, will I notice a significant difference in picture quality between, for instance, a Van damme cable (c.£60) and a generic VGA - VGA cable purchased from Maplin (c.£10!).

Sorry if this seems a stupid question, but I thought that £60 is pretty steep for VGA cable! I am expecting the more expenisve cable to exhibit better quality picture, but does the difference justify the price difference?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Antony

2. pjclark1

pjclark1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +271
    not all cables are equal. A lot of VGA cables seem to be unscreened, and if you buy
    one of those the picture is pooh. The Belkin Pro High Integrity cables are excellent.
    I have one on my JS box to PWD6 and if you buy it from here, a very good price.
    5m for £9
    http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/prod...2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=21883
    3m for £8
    http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/prod...2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=21885

DO NOT buy the ones that don't say "High Integrity" as they are unscreened

3. thfcwestlower

thfcwestlower

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Im going to order the 5m version right now!

Thanks for the recommendation.