1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VGA cable for pc..from an infocus pj ..Help!

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by martian1, Feb 17, 2005.

1. martian1

martian1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +242
    I want to pre instal a cable for my pc into wall, i understand the infocus projectors need a special M1 connector. Is a VGA connector the same as a DVI :confused:
    I want to plumb projector into pc via VGA How do i do this? Do i just buy a standard VGA lead and then get the M1 connector plug it into VGA lead then other end goes into projector,or do you have to get a special lead with VGA one end M1 other?..Help appreciated :smashin:

2. Oakleyspatz

Oakleyspatz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +230
    The Infocus comes supplied with a VGA to M1-DA cable. The Infocus projectors have an M1-DA socket which needs an adapter to connect to DVI, HDMI or VGA. Alternatively, instead of buying an adapter, you can buy a cable with the M1-DA at one end and whatever you require at the other. But on new Infocus projectors, the M1-DA to VGA is supplied although it's only about 1.5 metres long.

3. martian1

martian1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +242