VGA Cable - 360 on LCD TV

A

alex.hulme

Hi,

I want to rack your brains and have looked everywhere for an answer.

I'm currently going into a lcd tv using the scart lead from a 360 - the lcd's resolution max is 1280 x 768.

I want to be able to get a better picture and want to buy the MS VGA cable.

Is this VGA cable going to provide a better picture - will it be high definition?

It's not a TFT LCD, it's just LCD TV with a 16ms response time if that helps atall.

Any advice much appreciated.

Alex

if its an lcd, its a tft, in general every common lcd nowadays is.

it will be proper HD, and should look miles better than scart.

Well if you're using a scart lead then you aren't even outputting in HD so connecting via VGA and setting it to 1280x768 will be a HUGE improvement! Do it asap

Great thanks for the responses. Its always good to come here for the great support! :thumbsup:

Bin the scart, get the vga and the difference really is unbelievable.:thumbsup:

Amazing what a difference a lead can make.:eek:

Does it matter which VGA cable I use - seen a couple on eBay going quite cheap but not the original microsoft ones.

Is there any difference between the cheaper versions and the branded cables?

I've ordered a Joytech VGA & digital audio cable from Play.com. I'll report back here what the results are like on a 19" TFT.

the MS vga cable is highly regarded.

I noticed a significant improvement over the generic one i initially purchased

I currently use the component cable that comes in the Premium box, is it worth swapping that for the VGA cable, are there any benefits?

UPDATE- SORRY Ignore post I should read the sticky

Depends if you are happy with the picture.. I tried component but didn't like the results as everything on screen lacked shaprness, tried VGA and now refuse to go back to component. VGA is so much sharper, my only gripe is that the colours do seem a little dull in comparison with component.

Joytech cable tested on a Neovo F419 monitor @ 1280 x 1024

Nice picture but a slight bit of colour banding noticeable on black screens. This is more than likely down to the huge nest of cables the new one was sat on. To be honest I prefer the 480p picture on my 32" TV but that's hardly a surprise.

I ended up using a MadCatz VGA cable as it was the only one I could find and the picture is excellent. Much better than the advanced scart lead or any other cable i've used in the past. :smashin:

What size is the screen Alex?

I got a VGA cable yesterday, connected up to a Hyundai Q321, bloody hell it looks fantastic! Just one irritation though, video playback is pretty jerky. I played a WMVHD clip and pans weren't smooth at all, never noticed that with component. Does anyone know why this happens and can it be fixed?

Cheers,
Andy.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom