vga box / gamecube problem

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by gilbot, Aug 15, 2003.

1. gilbot

gilbot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I did a search and I don't think anyone has reported the same problem:

I bought one of those vga convertor boxes to run a PAL Gamecube through my Sony CPD 520GS monitor. The picture is acceptable (though not brilliant) when running games in 50hz, but when I run in 60hz mode the colours are distorted. Basically, the picture quality remains the same but reds/purples display as green. This also applies (obviously I suppose) when using Freeloader.

Anybody got any suggestions? I'm connecting to the vga box with composite leads, then from the box to the montior with a vga cable. Thanks a lot

2. Erpland

Erpland

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    forget about it or buy a better VGA box! the generic ones are crap.
    lik-sang did one (out of stock) for about £48 but you need the Component lead to go with it, add £21, and you should have a perfect picture and it will even do progresive scan with the right games and freloader combo.

3. gilbot

gilbot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey, thanks a lot for the advice. The VGA box I bought was this one:
    www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=221&products_id=3166&
    (although I didn't buy it from lik-sang)

Any good? Unfortunately I paid £50 for it! Is it worth me getting a component cable to go with this box? Or should I wait for the other one to come back in stock? Thanks again.

4. Erpland

Erpland

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Actually your one is supposed to be better than the infamously crap Redant ones.
    If your not a perfectionist then you might as well keep this for now, saves you buying a second TV if that was your reason, but a composite connection is not ideal as they usually suffer with interference, but then the PAL Gamecube doesnt have S-video.

Have a read of the FAQ's for your product on the link you posted at lik-sang, click on the '?'
    They say a component cable is better and it is supposed to support 50/60hz ok, have you tried it on a different monitor or played with the settings?