1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VF4 on PS2....

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by beowulf, Jun 14, 2002.

1. beowulf

beowulf
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    Utter garbage.. awful jaggy , naff graphics , same dull plodding moves , no use of analogue pads .... so disappointed...

DONT buy it.

There , I just saved you £40 !

Put it towards Tekken 4 - now thats more like it !

;)

2. 7 of 9

7 of 9

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i feel the same i brought this thinking it was a good thanks to the good reviews but it is utter rubbish.

3. NeoBlade

NeoBlade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't know why you guys hate this game so much... To me its one of the best 3D fighting games ever made. The fact that you want to use the analog pads for fighting shows that you don't use much precision in your fighting (long live the sega saturn mark II pad).

Sure the graphics are a bit jaggied, but its the gameplay that counts and VF4 must be one of the most "hardcore" fighters out there. After all if you want a button masher buy Dead or Alive 2, but if you want to use skill to illustrate your own then you can't get better then the Virtua Fighter series. Other than maybe Capcom Vs SNK 2.

Tekken 4 I hope will upgrade the gameplay a bit, but I wouldn't mind if it didn't. To me Tekken 3 (NTSC) was the best version yet and I hope that the introduction of destructable objects and walls will add to the gameplay, rather than subtracting from it.

4. fuzzybee

fuzzybee
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +72
    Totally agree i think VF4 is the best 3d fighter ever made.
    There is so much depth it is untrue and it is so playable.

I also agree about Capcom v's Snk 2 I love this game also vampire chronicles and marvel v's capcom 2 on dreamcast.

I am looking forward to capcom v's Snk 2 neo for GC

5. NeoBlade

NeoBlade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ah I love Capcom Vs SNK 2. I had the first game on the Dreamcast but the pad was a bit poor for the game. Bought Capcom Vs SNK 2 for the PS2.. I can live with the borders because you can't afford to look at them anyway.

Capcom Vs SNK 2 : EO on the Gamecube looks idential really.. I don't know if I'll get the version or not (since I have the first on the DC and 2nd on the PS2). If it has quicker loading screens while being idential then I might sell the PS2 version off. And a GC -> PS2 pad adapter is a must... Better still if it supports the Saturn pads.

The "EO" stands for Easy Operation for those who wasn't sure... Basically its a Gamecube only option - You use the yellow C-Stick to pull off special moves.

Back to VF4 the game oozes skill. If you're good then you can clearly demonstrate it against anyone. Just watch a great Akira fighter and you'll understand. You can often tell if a fighting game is great or not by its balance... For example you might be able to win a few round by mashing on VF4 but you won't get very far. Same for all Street Fighter games, KoF and Tekken. IMO the only exception is Soul Calibur but at least you are awarded with some good high level play with juggles, etc.