1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VESA or not VESA? Wall-mounting question

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by blackmanalishi, Nov 8, 2004.

1. blackmanalishi

blackmanalishi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

I've just purchased the Samsung PS42D4SXX (model number specific to Currys and Dixons, which is part of the problem I think!). It's very similar in looks to the more standard PS42V4S I believe.

I am trying to order a cantilever wall bracket for it, but as the screen has not yet arrived I don't know whether it's VESA or non-VESA (75/100ml is VESA), and Currys/Dixons/Samsung have all been absolutely hopeless when I've asked them. :censored:

Any ideas anyone? :lease:

Cheers!

2. gringottsdirect

gringottsdirect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27

Not much help really as I haven't seen your plasma, but with it weighing 50kg+ it will probably have a LARGE VESA which is 200ml.
    You can order these, or adaptors from Vogel.

http://www.vogels.com/en/vervolg.asp

Probably best to wait until it arrives and have a look, it may be a fitting peculiar to Samsung, forcing you to order a Samsung bracket. Have you tried asking Samsung ? :cool:

3. blackmanalishi

blackmanalishi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply.

My screen actually only weighs 34kg so I was hoping to get away with a medium size bracket, but I'll definitely check out the link, cheers.

Tried Samsung, they were more useless than anyone else. The rep could hardly speak English and just kept referring me to the retailer even when I told her the retailer had told me to call Samsung!!

:thumbsup:

4. finden

finden
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just wondering if you plasma has arrived yet ? I was thinking of getting the Samsung from Currys as it seems a reasonable price(especially with the extras atm ).
    What is it like in your opinion.....picture quality wise ?
    I will only watch Sky+ and the odd DVD and am torn between the Samsung PS42D4SXX and the Panasonic TH-42PE30 .
    I have read the forums for weeks now......but still cannot part with my money until i am certain i am getting the best i can afford (3k) :laugh:

5. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    It's not vesa or anything remotely resembing it. 1st place to look for bracketry is www.unicol.com Not cheap, but well made, and will show you the nature of the problem. Then you can find something more stylish or cheaper, whatever.
    Finden, if you can afford it, the Panasonic is streets ahead.