1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Very urgent advice needed please

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by deadpcagain, Mar 30, 2005.

1. deadpcagain

deadpcagain

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Just unwrapped my H + B 32" Screen and plugged in my pc via dvi cable and found horizontal banding when the resolution is above 1024 x 768 !

The only way to cure this is to stay at 1024 x 768 or lower or use a standard vga cable, which I dont have at the moment.

Can the relisys 32 owners confirm if their screen will allow a dvi connection from the pc at the max resolution ?

I really need to know this because im sending this screen straight back if the relisys offers this feature.

Cheers

Mick@slightlyworried.lcd

2. deadpcagain

deadpcagain

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just phoned relisys tech support and they dont know if their screen supports dvi above 1024 x 768 ! At least the guy admitted he was not happy at not knowing the answer.

Im typing this on my 32" screen at 1366 x 768 and it looks great, apart from the horizontal banding flickering up the screen :(

Mick

3. VurtHed

VurtHed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    :( Hope you get this sorted! Do you mean Relisys tech support, or H&B's?

As for the question for Relisys owners - I'd suggest you ask in the RLT3200 thread as this thread won't necessarily get read by RLT3200 owners.

4. senga

senga

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi i have got the h+b 32" screen and i run it on the vga input and run it on 1366x768 and it is ok and run it on the dvi at 1024x768 ok

5. deadpcagain

deadpcagain

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Senga,

Mine looks awful in vga mode at any resolution.
    Can you run yours at 1366 x 768 with pc dvi ?

Cheers

Mick

6. senga

senga

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    mick .no it is awful on the dvi at 1366x768 .it is ok at 1024x768 on the dvi

7. deadpcagain

deadpcagain

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Senga,

Sadly this is going back to Ebuyer, just hope I dont have to wait as long as last time :(

In vga mode I find text is all out of focus and unbearable to read, in dvi mode its much much better but only up to 1024 x 768 but above that theres lots of horizontal banding.

Just had a proper go at unreal tournament with pc dvi at 1024 x 768 and the response is waaaay too slow. Its a mile worse than my 17" viewsonic running at the same res, refresh and 25ms.

Like the review on ebuyer - it looks great with its brushed ally finish but I think thats all it has going for it.

Mick

8. shaddow2005

shaddow2005
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
  9. deadpcagain

deadpcagain

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Senga,

How are you hooking up your tv signal to this screen ?

Ive just taken this screen to someones house where they have an excellent analogue / freeview / sky signal and they all agree this screen is c*ap :mad:

The artifacts are horrendous, for example one of those tv auction programs where they show an auction hammer going down on the block - well the hammer image stayed there for positively ages ! 25ms - I don't think so, more like a full half second blur.

Tried antenna, rgb scart, component, rgb composite, progressive and none are acceptable.

Im just curious because you seem to be happy with yours ?

Cheers

Mick

p.s. Absolutely NO reply from H+B tech :thumbsdow :rolleyes:

10. VurtHed

VurtHed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Well from what I make of it - numpsy does say he'll "have a proper go with [his] pc via DVI" and then he posts a picture at 1366x768. So you'd think the picture would be of a DVI connected screen and not VGA - but numpsy hasn't actually confirmed AFAIK. Maybe he's too busy playing Half-Life 2 on his new TFT! :)

11. rudy

rudy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Why risk buying unbranded product?

I admit I once did it.. never again

12. deadpcagain

deadpcagain

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I agree Rudy.

Im usually the kind of guy who would spend double to get a branded product but this time I got 'sucked' in and im both embarrased and annoyed. This is the first and the last time I buy from a 'flash in the pan' distributor :mad:

Mick

13. senga

senga

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi mick
    Tried antenna, rgb scart from nokia 22it digital freeview no good lip sync. and then run it from pc dvi from nebula digi tv usb and it is ok no lip sync..and from denon dvd- player 2900 and it was good.