• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Very Unusual Courier Delivery

nheather

Distinguished Member
Just taken delivery of a parcel from DPD and it was so unusal.

No it wasn't that it was on the right day, undamaged, or even delivered first thing so I have the rest of the day to do what I want.

No the thing that really shocked me was that the PDA I was given to sign my name electronically had a proper stylus :eek:

There wasn't a pencil, pen top, match, or lollypop stick in sight. :)

Cheers,

Nigel

Ed Selley

AVF Reviewer
I get plenty of couriers deliver things and a goodly number have PDA's with a stylus. This generally means it is tethered to the unit and therefore impossible for me to use as a left hander.

nheather

Distinguished Member
Most delivery guys I encounter have lost their stylus. Best thing I have been given to sign with is the top from a Bic Biro.

Cheers,

Nigel

DPinBucks

Distinguished Member
Half the time these days I'm asked to use my finger. It works surprisingly well. The signature is almost legible and sometimes as much as 25% as good as my 'real' one, which is more than can be said when using a stylus.

I really question the legality of these 'signatures' if it ever came to a dispute.

nheather

Distinguished Member
Know what you mean. Some of them are so old and slow that there is a massive lag in the screen reponse. So even though you moved the stylus on the screen in the pattern of an accurate signature what often gets captures is an unrecognisable mess.

Some are better than others though - the DPD one this morning was pretty good - probably brand new as it still had the stylus ;)

Cheers,

Nigel

robel

So DPD do deliver then? Fantastic there's hope for my delivery yet.....

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom