very unhappy with sky

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by james_89, Sep 4, 2007.

1. james_89

james_89
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    ordered sky on monday with all the channels at first i was told i could have the sky+ for £49.95 but then i said i had had a virgin media telephone line he then said oh you cant have sky+ then because you need a bt line so i said when i get a bt line i can still have the sky+ for that price he said yes you can i will notepad your acc and when you have it ring up and you can have it for tht price i said okay then and just went for the normal box i then come on here and asked if this was the case not being able to because of virgin media phone line found out it was false info and rang back up some nice women confirmed tht i could have it and then i got cut off so rang back up and this time told no you cant you need bt ,i said no your staff said i could have he double checked with manager and come back and said oh yes you can have it and put me through to sales, sales said your through to the wrong dept and told me to ring back up, rang again and women said al put you through to sales again:eek: sales then said that it would be £129.99 i said no i was told 49.95 she said no thats impossible and i said look at the account and it was there tht i should have it for tht price she said well no you cant have it for tht i said can i speek to your manager she said no he is in a meeting i said well can you get me 2 ring him back she said no i cant garrentee he will ring you back :mad: so now i have cancelled it and when on the phone telling them of there poor customer service i was told they are trained not to appologise and not to be sympathetic i extreamly anoyyed at sky and am thinking about taking things further

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    just phone a local independant installer and you'll probably get sky+ installed for FREE as a new customer

3. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975
    Ouch.

Not sure how you can take things further except for writing directly to managment in the hopes of getting them to fast track the deal you were offered and well that is still no guarantee of silky smooth CS interaction.

As you are aware a VM phone line is perfectly acceptable to meet the phone requirments of buying SKY+ or any SKY digibox.

4. UKDanny666

UKDanny666
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hey there being on the recieving end of skys useles customer services my self i feel your pain, i have a VM line and so to do my parents both of which work fine with sky plus, in the end i just got an independant to install mine and all i had t pay was installation of £130 for everything and with sky eye installed also in the price. an independant is way better as they have better insurance so they just get up there and do the job, but i wish you luck

5. Kevo

Kevo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +177
    That must be the record for the longest paragraph without a full stop! ;)

6. Kevosull

Kevosull

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    If you were an existing customer, I would call and ask to be through to cancellations.

I received 4 emails during August, each telling me I could get a new V3 sky+ box, but when I called last Monday (as my existing digi-box decided to kark it) they had no knowledge of the emails.

So I forwarded them to the address I was told to, and surprise, two days later, still no joy "we can't just look at those emails, they're confidential".

Ok, I said, put me through to cancellations.

I then was greeted by a very nice lady, who asked me why I was wishing to leave. I told her I was P1$$ed off with not getting anyone to acknowledge the deal I had been offered. She said I was being treated very badly, and put the deal through straight away and my sky+ was installed free, yesterday.

I would think you've been subjected to a similar vein of incompentence and in your shoes, would not hesitate to contact cancellations if you were a customer.

good luck.

Edit:

I also have a virgin telephone line, there is absolutely no issue with this, as long as the box can perform a call back while the engineer is there.

Kev

7. UKDanny666

UKDanny666
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    wel i am sorry for notadding the correct grammar.

:( i will be more careful in the future sorry, i just wanted to get my sayin as quick as possible lol.

8. alternate

alternate

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    He wasn't just nitpicking mate - it was too painful to read and I gave up after two lines.

sorry