Very strange Unraid issue

HugoFJH

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Guys, Im losing my marbles here and hoping someone can help.

Ive had this Unraid server running for quite a while with no major issues.

9Tb of storage over 7 drives and everything was perfect, with a few hundred mb free space on each drive apart from the last one which has about 300Gb free waiting to be filled.

The issue is that even though the server indicates that the drives are full, which from what Ive ripped / put on there would be correct - there are about 70 empty folders (given each rip is approx 20GB each, thats a huge amount of storage"missing").

I wouldnt be too concerned if the A210 that I use was able to find/access the missing files (ie if the server had , for what ever reason, moved the files to other disks), but no access is possible either through Windows or the A210.

It would be frustrating enough if the server had lost /deleted the files, but with the space for these files currently being used its doubly frustrating.

Anyone got any ideas what I can do to resolve the situation?

Rebooted the server and Unraid then decided it had issues with one of the storage drives :( so looks like I have to replace it relatively soon.

The server is accessing the drive currently, but its got a red indicator instead of green like the others. Unfortunately I dont have enough space to move all the mkv's somewhere else, or enough funds to get a replacement drive so I will just have to hope it lasts until the new year when I hope to have funds for more drives.

The server is accessing the drive currently, but its got a red indicator instead of green like the others.

If the drive is red balled (write operation failed to drive) the server is not using it. The content are being simulated by parity. If another drive fails you will loose data. If I were you I'd post a thread over on the unraid forums asking for help.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom