• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Very specific requirements for a netbook

mickyd67

Established Member
And I think the Samsung x120 is the closest, but the battery appears to be an issue.

Looking for:

11.6" screen

As good a processor as possible

As much RAM as possible

HDMI Out

Wireless N

Great battery life (i.e. several hours)

Any alternatives?

spyder viewer

Distinguished Member
Not sure if they are on general release yet but:
ASUS 1201PN
ASUS 1215N

thinkhard

Standard Member
I recently bought an ASUS 1215n and it's pretty good for a 'netbook'. It's got the latest nvidia ion2 and intel atom d525. It's able to play most games at medium to low settings (as long as you keep expectations low), it can mulititask pretty well, can play hd videos fine (1080p in full screen on youtube still is slightly slower framerate than desired, though I assume this is a flash thing as the ion 2 is still new), it has up to 7 hours of battery life (5 with the wireless turned on and the wireless running and maybe some videos etc. ).

Some down sides: I'm experiencing some wireless connectivity stability issues, though not sure if this is my network or the computer. The keyboard is a little frustrating, the keys are smaller than I'd liked and there's a little flex on it - hence the typos in this post. And asus aren't great for customer services.

though i should say it's a 12.1 inch netbook, not 13 inch, but the screen is 1366x768 for HD optimization an it's large enough for me. and of course, it sure doesn't break the bank compared to say an imac/book.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom