Question very small speakers for atmos

thekingbeyond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Currently running an all pmc speaker system with 2x bk monoliths, would like to implement a 7.2.4 atmos setup, when I mentioned putting 4 pmc db1i at ceiling height the wife wasn't that happy:(, my ears are still ringing.:D

Looking around I found the Cambridge audio minx speakers that she said were acceptable, so looking for alternative suggestions for the speakers.

If you want something along the lines of DB1 quality, how about the Ophidian Minimo? That's about as small as real hi-fi quality gets.

31392042654_e11f28a749_b.jpg

Those look very interesting speakers, I may look at those for my pc. This is more down to the wife putting her foot down:D and they would still be to big.

Some thing like the Cambridge audio minx, monitor audio r45, anthony gallo or in-ceiling are going to be acceptable, my ideal choice would be the pmc db1i.

What about the Monitor Audio CT265-IDC's? I have them and they are very capable and would be brilliant for the atmos side of things. They do an FX version for dipole and greater 'spread' of sound - although I have not heard these.

Trimless 200

They also do slightly larger ones:

Trimless 300

They look very interesting, something I am considering:thumbsup:

I use a couple of pairs of Dali Fazon Satellites for Atmos duties. They are rather smart and come in white or black:

DALI FAZON SAT - a two-way designed satellite speaker

They have a nice "twist & tilt" wall bracket so wires can be more easily hidden along the coving. They have a frequency response of 86hz to 25khz so I would expect you to get a bit more out of them compared to the CA Minx's.

I'm very happy with them and their performance seems fairly impressive considering their size, even if they are not tasked with too much purely on Atmos duties.

There are also smaller versions, the Dali Fazon Mikro's:

DALI FAZON MIKRO - True Hi-Fi sound in a small and elegant design

those dalis look good, i used 2 x pr wharf 9.0 and they do the job pretty well to my ear

Oh yes, I was looking at them at one point too. Then a couple of pairs of the Dali Fazon sats came up second hand from an install that had previously been used on Atmos duties. The people who were selling me my Denon X7200WA got them in the day I was asking about the receiver as I wanted to go 7.1.4. Seemed like fate so gave them a go. Very pleased I did!! :clap:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom