Very short throw entry to mid level projector?

wywywywy

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Basically I have a Sony VPL-HS10 with a short throw conversion lens at the moment. It does its job pretty well but I am thinking about upgrading to a newer generation projector.

The main requirement for me is - very short throw. I have about 2.3m to 2.5m of throw distance, and I want a 1.8m (about 70") wide picture.

I also need the ability to do 1:1 pixel mapping (VGA or DVI or HDMI), as I use my HTPC for everything, with resolution of 720p or 768p or better.

Not wanting to spend more than £1k refurb'd or 2nd hand price.

Having searched around, it seems the InFocus IN78 *may* fit my bill. Has anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks.

The in78 is a very good projector although more a 'medium' than a short throw, but new models are out soon so you could get more for your money if you hang on a little longer.

£1k is deeply in midrange territory now, with all but the most expensive (best?) 720p projectors at or below £1K, nearly half that for many of the best LCD models (Z5, AX100, PJX300) and some great DLP's from optima (HD70). Although the cheapest 1080p is still £1.5k+

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom