Very quick ( yes or no ) Toshiba 520 question ...

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by foxmeister, Oct 19, 2002.

1. foxmeister

foxmeister

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Having read everyones threads on this DVD player I have decided to order one myself to connect to my 'soon to arrive' Plasma.
    My question is as this player does not have an inbuilt DTS decoder if I run the sound through my new Yamaha 530 Receiver with in built DTS decoder will I get DTS sound (obviously from a disc with a DTS soundtrack) coming through my Mission FS1 speakers ??
    I'm 99% sure the answer is yes but thought I should check, I know I sound thick, sorrryyyy !!!

2. Big_AL007

Big_AL007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you can afford it get the Harman Kardan DVD 25, its got PAL prog scan to go with the ntsc, be great for your plasma :p

Yes you will get DTS sound, if you connect any player, even if it has got a built in decoder, through the digital connector it will bypass the decoder and use the one in your amp.